My appt. this morning went well. Mike went with me, and we asked lots of questions. I am 1cm dilated and haven't "thinned out." Dr. S said it appears Trent is right on schedule. Mike asked about inducing if Trent decides not to come by Jan. 18th, and Dr. S said he would be open to inducing a few days before the due date if I continue to progress. Mike loved this answer, because he's always been nervous about working 45-50 minutes away from home. I was actually happy to hear that it appears we have a few more weeks. Lillian should be here soon, and I want to meet her! I also have a few little things I need to buy for Trent, and I haven't finished packing my hospital bag. And last but not least, I'm taking a photography class on Saturday, and I'm super excited about it {Mike gave me a camera for Christmas, and I want to learn how to use it!}
Here are a couple of pictures I took of sweet Bailey, as I tried to learn my camera...
Bailey and I sat outside on Saturday afternoon. I wore a sleeveless shirt and shorts. Isn't that crazy? I was hoping to get a little color before Trent arrives, but I just got hot and sweaty.
Isn't she going to be a sweet big sister? I can't stop hugging her after seeing the movie "Marley and Me."We are attending a Murder Mystery Dinner on New Years Eve. It should be fun and very interesting. I'm supposed to be a "saloon girl," and needless to say I don't have anything to wear that fits the role. Mike is a card-playing cowboy, so he's pumped.
Happy New Year!!


9 comments:
Glad to hear everything is going along as schedule. I was a week early with Cohen and boy was I ever ready when he came! I was miserable. Y'all will have so much at the Murder Mystery. Our SS class has done 2 of them and they are so much fun!!!
What kind of camera did you get? An SLR? If so I need to give you a call. I know everyone gives you unwanted advice, so I will too. I would get that bag packed ASAP. Since we had a set date I was going to pack the weekend before. Needless to say we were throwing stuff in a bag a fast as possible. I had some stuff together but not everything. Plus, I had to wait for Shane to grab a few things so Mike needs to be ready too. It could happen at anytime, day or night!
can't wait for camera class on Saturday!
Does that mean you will be able to come to Birmingham when Lillian arrives??? I am so excited and know that she is going to absolutely love her aunt April and uncle Mike! I am very impressed that you are actually taking a photography class. I am sure it is much smarter than mine and Brad's trial and error approach to learning about our new camera - which after 2 months we still don't understand. :)
So exciting! I go to the doctor tomorrow and am so anxious to hear of progress (if any). I packed my bag last night and it is super weird to have it just sitting by the garage door. I also put a sticky note in the bathroom as a reminder of the bathroom items that need to be grabbed in the event we rush off in a panic! I am taking the photography class too so it will be fun to actually meet you in person! Well I say that I am, if the doctor gives me the okay to drive to Auburn on Saturday morning, my mom is going to come with me and then we will come right back home.
That party sounds like so much fun! We missed you this year at HFOF but are super excited about Trent so that makes up for it.
Love the new blog design. . .and you must promise to post a picture of the 37 week pregnant saloon girl!!
You mean, you don't wear maternity saloon girl clothes on a regular basis? Strange...
Let us know what you learn in your photography class! I love that sort of thing, though I don't devote enough time to it for it to really stick.
Have fun tonight! Don't forget the thigh-highs, haha!
Post a Comment