12.09.2008

Coming along

Here are the nursery pictures I promised. The window treatments are not up yet, and I'm going to frame the pretty name print you see in one of the pictures; but, we've come a long way. Special thanks to my mom and sister, who came over and helped me organize everything. I thought it was cute to have everything sitting out, but Tracy informed me that we have drawers and cabinets in furniture for a reason:)


About half of these clothes came from a friend of mine that has great taste and two boys:)

The worst thing about his room is getting to it... up these stairs...

And our room is downstairs. Maybe the stairs will help me lose the pregnancy weight {trying to stay positive here.}

Since we obviously can't put him up there as soon as he comes home, he will be here for a while...
I really need to move the ironing board; I can't don't iron. The dryer gets out most wrinkles:)
This is a sitting area off of our bedroom. Bailey's pillow is on the other side of this room. She said she'd share; we'll see what happens when Trent starts crying in the middle of the night. B has been sleeping through the night for 4 years, so she probably won't like the noise her little brother makes.

My 34-week appt. went well yesterday. Trent is already head-down {he'd actually already turned at my 32-week appt; does this mean he's more likely to have a cone head?} He still gets the hiccups 2-3 times a day, and they are now strong enough to wake me up {I realized this at 4:30 this morning when the little man started hiccuping.}


This post is getting crazy long, but I have one more story. I went to Starbucks today and ordered a grande caramel frappuccino light {my all-time favorite, and since I sweat all of the time now, I can drink cold drinks in cold weather.} I pull up to the window, and the sweet employee asks, "Oh, did you say decaf too?" I politely respond, "No ma'am." I wanted to tell her that I've checked the website and know that my drink contains 90 mg of caffeine, and that they say not to have more than 250-300 mg/day when you're pregnant. I also wanted to tell her that it was my one caffeinated drink of the day. But the hormones weren't raging today, so I didn't get defensive. The drink was fabulous, and I don't think Trent even noticed the caffeine:)

9 comments:

Footprints Ministry said...

I love the nursery!!! Beautiful! I can't wait for Trent to arrive! Your in our prayers!

Helen said...

The nursery is lovely.

Did you know there is a nursery pictures contest going on at www.creative-baby-nursery-rooms.com at the moment - you can win a $75 gift certificate from PinkTaffyDesigns - you should enter!

Here's the link:

Nursery Pictures Contest

Whitney said...

The nursery is beautiful. I love that you are concerned about the cone head. To answer your question, no. The cone head develops when the baby is in the birth canal headed to the exit. The longer he stays in the canal the more chance of a cone head. HA. His head is still perfectly round right now. :)

The Basquins said...

The nursery looks READY for the little man's arrival! I can't wait for y'alls little man and the joy Trent will bring!

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

What a beautiful bassinette!

The Powells said...

April - you crack me up and I am lovin' how much you are enjoying pregnancy. The end is almost here - enjoy your final weeks!

Anonymous said...

Karlee's room is upstairs too. She stayed in the cradle in our room til she was 4 1/2 months old. Chip even moved my glider to our bedroom for late night feedings and the changing table was the bathroom counter. Karlee loved the lights and mirror.

John and Brooke said...

The room looks great! Way better than ours. We have got to get some things hung and we need a lamp!! Will had the hiccups last night for the first time and it was hysterical. John and I just laid on the couch and watched my stomach twitch. As far as the caffeine goes, why are people so dang nosy!!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

Looks great April! Let me know if I can do anything in these last few weeks...and you enjoy them! Eat all the latte stuff you want:) Love you!