12.31.2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! I wanted to wait and post after I downloaded my Christmas pictures, but I'm bored, so I will just add them later.

We have been in Houston for 4 days now, and I've decided I'm probably not cut out for a big city. I do pretty well in Atlanta because I stay with Tracy, and everywhere I go is super close to their apartment. Houston isn't that easy. I decided to go to the mall yesterday... alone (mistake number one). I gave Mike a GPS for Christmas, and I noticed that the mall was only 3.8 miles away; I figured it couldn't be that hard to find (mistake number two). It took me 25 minutes to get there, and I didn't even make a wrong turn! Traffic was terrible... on a Sunday! Once I got to the mall (or at least what I thought was the mall), I parked at Dillards. I walked in and was immediately overwhelmed by the size of Dillards. It was at least four stories!! There were two floors of women's clothing. You'd think I would have been in heaven, but I was too overwhelmed to be excited. I decided to just go to the "mall" part. After walking around two different floors for 10-15 minutes, I asked an associate how to get to the mall. She proceeded to tell me to go "downstairs, OUTSIDE, through Neiman Marcus, then into mall... and it closes in 45 minutes!" I threw in the towel at that point. It took me 10-15 minutes to find the floor I parked on, and I've never been so relieved to walk out of a store. SO, the plan is for Mike to take me back this afternoon:) I obviously need some assistance, and he was the one who got me excited about the mall in the first place by telling me it was incredible. Now, he'll get to experience it with me;I'm sure he can hardly wait!

I hope everyone had a good Christmas! Ours was great- just too short, as usual. We had fun spending time with family and friends. Here are a few pictures from Christmas (courtesy of Mom and Aunt Connie). Try not to laugh at Mom's Christmas sweater; she thinks she has to wear something festive each year:)


Here's to a great 2008!! 2007 has ended well... Alabama even pulled out a WIN last night:)

3 comments:

The Martin Family said...

Happy New Year to you! I didn't see a mention of the incredible night out in Opelika you had with one of your dearest childhood friends...I'm a bit hurt!
I'm impressed you even attempted going to the mall - I would have had to hire a driver! Thanks for the update!!

Duane said...

Wishing u two a wonderful New Year's! Hoping 2008 is the best yet for all of us!!

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

I feel your pain about big cities! Every time I've driven somewhere like Birmingham, Atlanta, etc., I remember how nice it is to live in a small town! Sure, we don't have big malls or theaters, but we do have freedom!

Oh, and Gunter and I rang in the new year by going to bed at 9:30. We're such exciting people.